Lighthouse Day School COVID-19 Update
Lighthouse Day School is carefully monitoring the COVID-19 situation and will always make the decision based on guidelines provided by the Kansas Department of Health and Environment (KDHE) to say what is best for our children, families, and staff. As the situation currently stands we plan to open our doors in August with social distancing and classroom occupancy measures in place. Additionally, we will require the following health and safety precautions:
1. At drop-off and pick-up, parents can leave and meet their children at the entrance, where they will be accompanied by Lighthouse Staff. To ensure minimal points of contact within the building, non-essential entry will not be allowed.
2. All children will be required to partake in a temperature screening each morning at drop-off. Children who show signs of fever will not be allowed to enter.
3. Classroom occupancy will not exceed 10 students per class, as we want to maintain an environment where children are able to maintain a safe social distance when necessary.
4. Visitors to Lighthouse Day School will be required to wear masks and gloves when entering the building. Lighthouse Day School will supply these items when necessary.
5. Any children who show symptoms of or test positive for COVID-19 or have had contact with family members who have shown symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19 will be required to quarantine for 14 days before returning to the program.
For more information on state regulations you can visit the KDHE website.